Commerce City Real Estate, Amenities, Education and Lifestyle in Commerce City, CO
One of Denver’s fastest growing suburbs, Commerce City is an action-packed hub of industry in southern Adams County. This area is surrounded by the eastern plains of Denver, offering plenty of room for spacious and quiet housing developments, while still being super close to the heart of the city and the best features of the northern metro area orbit towns. With this kind of proximity to Denver, easily accessible highways and affordable housing, Commerce City is a winner!
The Lifestyle: Something’s Always Happening
Denver is a hotspot for exciting gatherings, and Commerce City enjoys proximity to some of Denver’s most happening event venues, convention centers and warehouse districts.
- Enjoy circuses, concerts, conventions, and more at the Denver Coliseum, part of the National Western Complex.
- Thousands of vendors, shoppers and families travel year-round along East 88th Avenue for the Mile High Flea Market.
- Industry, travel and beautiful prairie open spaces abound when you live near Denver International Airport.
Commerce City, CO’s Real Estate Market
For how well-loved the Denver area is, Commerce City has enjoyed a comparatively recent growth spurt. It is filled with newer developments, and in some neighborhoods, over 90 percent of homes were built after 1999. This means not only newer construction and amenities, but it is also an indicator of economic growth and housing demand in the area.
Featured Neighborhoods in Commerce City, CO
- East 112th Avenue / Peoria Street
- East 88th Avenue
- Dupont / Irondale
You’ll Enjoy: The City Filled With Fun Experiences
With such convenient access to everything, you’ll love Denver’s slew of special events and opportunities for everyday family fun. Commerce City is close to the intersection of major highways I-70 and I-25, making it a quick skip away from anything in the metro area. These are just a few great attractions close by.
- Enjoy a day splashing in the sun at Water World.
- See (or play!) a game at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park.
- Take in three features for one admission fee, at the 88 Drive In Theater.
- Take free vehicle tours and enjoy the visitor’s center, to learn all about prairie wildlife at the Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge.
Distinguished Schools in Commerce City, CO
This city is predominantly served by Adams County School District 14 as well as Commerce City Schools. Colorado’s rich alternative education scene also has encouraged the operations of multiple free public charter schools, like Community Leadership Academy and Landmark Academy at Reunion (both of which serve grades K-8).
- Hanson Elementary School | Grades K-5 | 7133 East 73rd Avenue
- Central Elementary | Grades K-5 | 6450 Holly Street
- Kearney Middle School | Grades 6-8 | 6160 Kearney Street
- Adams City High School | Grades 9-12 | 7200 Quebec Parkway
Perfect For: Working Hard and Resting Easy
People come to Commerce City to be part of the thriving economy, but they stay because of the lifestyle. Families are a mix of levels of the middle-class, and poverty rates in most communities in Commerce City are considerably lower than national averages.
Unlike many cities in the Denver/Boulder metro area, Commerce City residents have an average rate of college education on par with the nation; however, a vast number of locals are employed in skilled trades, and income levels in the area indicate that this treats citizens well. More in line with Denver, however, is the proportion of residents employed in computer science and math trades – more than over 90 percent of cities in the nation.
Commerce City is also particularly ethnically diverse, due to recent popularity as a relocation site for major industries in the area. Additionally, Commerce City enjoys low crime rates and excellent public transportation, making it a great location for families as well as retiring seniors.
Commerce City, CO Utilities
- South Adams County Water & Sanitation District | Water
- Xcel Energy | Electric/Gas
- Comcast | Phone/Internet/Cable
The Workforce: The Heart and Soul of the Town
Commerce City’s name is no coincidence! This area is famous to Denver area residents for being a hub of industry, with the Suncor Refinery, train yards and many large industrial complexes. The local economy is also heavily fueled by proximity to, and business from, the Denver International Airport.
Notable employers near Commerce City:
- Pipe Industries
- Aerofield Services
- Shamrock Foods
- Faris Machinery
- Stewart & Stevenson
- Denver Windustrial
Why Live Here: The Country Depends on Commerce City
To make your home somewhere stable – somewhere that’s only growing stronger thanks to the growth of energy and engineering industries – Commerce City is the place for you. Even artists recognize the value to national progress that Commerce City holds. From beautiful scenery of the Rocky Mountains to the quiet streets outside your front door, Commerce City is a comforting place to live in Colorado.
- Castle Pines Village 194
- Longmont 149
- Highlands Ranch 147
- Westcliffe 146
- Stapleton 145
- The Meadows 133
- Forbes Park 132
- Baca Grande Sub 131
- Indian Mountain 124
- Green Valley Ranch 122
- Boulder 111
- Jefferson Park 109
- Sloans Lake 93
- Park Hill 93
- Western Union Ranch/Rora 92
- Sangre De Cristo Ranches 91
- Sloan's Lake 90
- Washington Park 85
- Sunnyside 80
- Berkeley 79